[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
LM GS/3 Information Forum • View topic - MyPaddleSetup

MyPaddleSetup

Post photos of your home espresso setup here.

MyPaddleSetup

Postby wogaut » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:56 pm

I guess it's about time I post a few pics of my GS/3 MP.

It started with a crate arriving by UPS-Freight:
crate_small.jpg
crate_small.jpg (61.63 KiB) Viewed 5027 times

After unpacking the machine from the 110lbs crate:
Unpacked_small.jpg
Unpacked_small.jpg (77.62 KiB) Viewed 5027 times

Here's the key-pad with functional keys, not dose buttons:
gs3mp_pad_small.jpg
gs3mp_pad_small.jpg (75.64 KiB) Viewed 5027 times

And the software version at boot:
software_ver_small.jpg
software_ver_small.jpg (18.94 KiB) Viewed 5027 times

The initial setup with original cooltouch steam wand:
initial_setup_small.jpg
initial_setup_small.jpg (62.36 KiB) Viewed 5027 times
wogaut
Latte

Re: MyPaddleSetup

Postby wogaut » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:00 pm

Attachments
curr_setup_small.jpg
curr_setup_small.jpg (90 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
man_group_small.jpg
man_group_small.jpg (78.38 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
new_wand_small.jpg
new_wand_small.jpg (111.24 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
old_wand_small.jpg
old_wand_small.jpg (74.52 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
wogaut
Latte

Postby chasr » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Congrats, that's a sweet looking machine.

On the other hand, that's one pissed off looking cat. How long did you play with your new GS/3 w/o feeding it? :lol:
chasr
Admin

Postby wogaut » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:33 am

Thanks Chas!

You're right about the cat. The shipment came in right before feeding time, so she got ignored for a while (plus she's on a diet, vet said she's getting fat).

On the other hand she's probably also pissed because she already lost attention a few weeks before when our first child was born. And then again with a machine... Must be frustrating for her.

Wolfgang
wogaut
Latte

Postby rlb2444 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Congratulations.....mine is on the way. Now I will know what to expect. The keypad looks different?

Did you replace the steam wand yourself?

Looking forward to your review and comments.

Thanks,
Bob
rlb2444
Latte

Postby wogaut » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:09 pm

wogaut
Latte

Postby rlb2444 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:46 am

Thanks for the note Wolfgang.

Curious if you tried the no-burn wand before you installed the burn wand? I asked Chris if he recommended the regular wand and he suggested that I stick with the no burn. I am not very handy mechanically but glad to hear the instructions for switching it out are good.

Bob
rlb2444
Latte

Postby wogaut » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:02 am

wogaut
Latte

Postby rlb2444 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:41 am

Thanks for the insight.

I look forward to future posts on your use of the GS/3P

Bob
rlb2444
Latte

Postby rlb2444 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:29 pm

Wolfgang,

I have my GS3/P set up and running. Thanks to Chris in the service department at Chris Coffee he helped me through a few programming questions.

I don't have anything to compare it to except my Alex Duetto but the shots seem to be coming out very slow in comparison. I have changed the grind and the tamping and I am in the 25 to 30 second range but the stream is very slim and seems to turn blond real quick. I can't figure out if the coffee has gone stale or it's the way I have dosed it. Very puzzling. I took the screen off and cleaned it and got a very small bit of coloration in the water while cleaning it but don't see that should have affected the pour.

Puzzling.

Any ideas?

Thanks....Bob
rlb2444
Latte

Return to GS/3 Pride Page